Friday, September 14, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Wow, it's been almost a year since my last post on here.  I have decided to go back to writing on here instead of going to Facebook every day.  I deleted my facebook page just so I won't be tempted to go on there.  I don't think it will be a problem though, since I haven't really found it interesting for a while.  I am currently re-reading the Work and the Glory series.  I am at the end of book 3.  I love that series!  I also discovered a new author (to me) this summer named Claire Poulsen.  I have read four of his books so far and just purchased another 6 or 7 which I can't wait to read when I am done with the current series.

I have been busy for the last year taking care of my now 18 month old grandson Jackson.  He is such a delight to have around.  He is busy all the time and most loves to go outside.  Last night, Becca, Alyssa and I took him for a walk around the circle in our neighborhood with him pushing his stroller instead of riding in it.  As we walked he pushed part of the time stopping periodically to try to pry the chip seal gravel off the road, pick grass off the neighbors lawns and throw it on the road or put it on the stroller seat to save for later.  He also stumbled and fell once making a slight scrape on his knee which he often stopped for to rub it every steps he took.  We got such a good laugh out of watching him walk a few steps and stop to rub his knee, walk again, stop and rub.  After walking halfway around he decided he had enough and only Grandma could carry him.  After doing that for a while and my arms aching more and more I had Becca lift him to sit on my shoulders where he stayed the rest of the way home.  He then bounced on my shoulders saying "Yeah, yeah, yeah".  He keeps us all thoroughly entertained and laughing most of the afternoon and evening.

I recently designed a couple of cards that I let my neighbor use for her monthly group of Stampin' Up demonstrators at their card swap.  One was a raspberry colored card and the other a blue Christmas card.  I will post those soon and hope to design and post more cards as well as scrapbook pages.  I love to do both but don't find as much time as I would like to do those.  Here's to finding and making more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment