Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy 15th Birthday, Cassidy


I made this card today for Cassidy's birthday. I used Stampin' Up supplies and one Martha Stewart punch. Papers used are whisper white, melon mambo, daffodil delight and DSP Razzleberry Lemonade print. Punches used are oval, scalloped oval and Martha Stewart Double Edge punch called Linked Trim. Ribbon used is Crushed Curry dot ribbon. Stamps used are Eastern Blooms and Warmest Regards phrases. On the back piece of Melon Mambo I used the Polka Dot Textured Embossing Folder in the Big Shot. I colored in the flower stamp with melon mambo and soft suede markers. Also I stamped the Happy Birthday with soft suede. When I punched the edge I turned the punch upside down so as to make sure not to punch off the edge so I could thread the ribbon. The ribbon wraps around the whole card so as to tie in the middle.

Some fun for Cassidy's birthday was her coming home early from school after her final exams and having to spend an hour searching for her pet gerbil, Henry, who had escaped his cage and went down our basement stairs and into the food storage pantry where he hid well enough that we had no idea where he was until we were searching for a while and he happened to come out of the pantry and Cassidy was able to see him before he turned and hid back in the pantry. We were able to catch him and put him back in his cage with his buddy, Charlie. We have forbidden Dad to go near the cage since he has a habit of leaving the door open so they escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment